(785) 296-2498 | firstname.lastname@example.org
PART-TIME LEGAL PUBLISHING ASSISTANT
DEFINITION OF WORK
This part-time legal publishing assistant position involves a wide variety of duties supporting the attorneys and staff of the Kansas Judicial Council.
Examples of work performed include: answering phone calls, maintaining records, files and databases; drafting letters and other business documents; assembling materials for committee meetings; preparing meeting rooms and arranging for beverages and/or meals; assisting with preparation of legal publications, including editing and proofreading; assisting with billing, shipment, accounting, and collections relating to Judicial Council publications; creating documents in multiple formats; converting documents from one file format to another and correcting any formatting issues that may result; and performing any other related work as required.
Associate’s degree or two years of post high school education preferred. Work experience as a paralegal or legal assistant may be substituted. Current students in any law-related certification program are encouraged to apply.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
• Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
• Appreciation for detail work requiring a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance
• Ability to draft correspondence on routine matters
• Experience in producing publications or proficiency in Adobe InDesign would be a plus
Flexible hours Monday through Friday. Prefer availability on Fridays. Dependability, punctuality and attendance are imperative. Pay dependent on experience.
Submit resume and cover letter by April 30, 2021 to: Kansas Judicial Council, 301 SW 10th Street, Suite 140, Topeka, Kansas 66612, or by e-mail to email@example.com.