(785) 296-2498 | email@example.com
PART-TIME LEGAL PUBLISHING ASSISTANT
DEFINITION OF WORK
This part-time legal publishing assistant position involves a wide variety of duties supporting the attorneys and fiscal officer of the Kansas Judicial Council.
Examples of work performed include: answering phone calls, maintaining records, files and databases; drafting letters and other business documents; assembling materials for committee meetings; preparing meeting rooms and arranging for beverages and/or meals; assisting with preparation of legal publications, including editing and proofreading; assisting with billing, shipment, accounting, and collections relating to Judicial Council publications; creating documents in multiple formats; converting documents from one file format to another and correcting any formatting issues that may result; and performing any other related work as required.
Associate’s degree or two years of post high school education. Current students in law school or law-related program are also eligible. Two years of work experience as a paralegal or legal assistant may be substituted for the required education.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Appreciation for detail work requiring a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance
- Ability to draft correspondence on routine matters
- Experience in producing publications or proficiency in Adobe InDesign would be a plus
Flexible hours Monday through Friday. Prefer availability on Fridays. Dependability, punctuality and attendance are imperative. Pay dependent on experience.
Resume and cover letter must be received by March 29, 2019 to:
Kansas Judicial Council, 301 SW 10th Street, Suite 140, Topeka, Kansas 66612, or
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.