The following bills were introduced at the request of or after study by the Judicial Council and have been passed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor.
NOTE: The House and Senate Bills are in PDF; the Adobe Acrobat® Reader™ is needed to view the files.
- 2008 SB 412 - A bill relating to eligibility criteria
for medical assistance for trust beneficiaries. See report and recommendations. Note: This bill was orginally 2007 SB 32.
- 2008 HSubSB 414 - A bill concerning stalking. Note: This bill was originally 2008 HB 2850.
- 2008 SB 431 - A bill amending the probate code to increase the
allowances for spouses and minor children and to increase to $40,000 the dollar amount in K.S.A. 59-1507b.
- 2008 SB 432 - A bill amending the Uniform Transfer on Death
Security Registration Act (UTODSRA) to include “a security
account” in the definition of “security.”
- 2008 SB 433 - A bill enacting the Uniform Prudent
Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA) which
will provide statutory guidelines for management, investment,
and expenditure of endowment funds held by charitable
institutions. See report with Kansas comments.
- 2008 SB 434 - A bill relating to the Code of Civil Procedure and the disclosure and discovery of electronically stored
- 2008 SB 435 - A bill relating to the Revised Kansas Juvenile Justice Code and Revised Kansas Code for Care of Children. See report and proposed legislation.
- 2008 HB 2642 - A bill concerning the Commission on Judicial Performance.
- 2008 HB 2643 - A bill clarifing that a garnishee must serve an
answer within 10 days after service of an Order of
- 2008 HB 2644 - A bill relating to the appointment of conservators and guardians. See report making recommendations. Note: This bill was orginally 2005 SB 240.